The BottleDyne™ Corona Surface Treatment System
Taking unique advantage of open air corona discharge, directed to the surface requiring treatment, 3DT’s self-contained BottleDyne pre-treating surface treatment system sets new standards for corona technology. It’s now possible to in-line corona treat virtually any extrusion or injection blow molded container. The surface treatment is done delicately, quickly and efficiently, without damage to the surface being treated or adverse effect on the molding, printing or labeling process.
The BottleDyne Surface Treatment System advantages:
- Treatment of cylindrical, rounded oval, rectangular and square containers.
- Line speeds up to 7,000 parts per hour.
- Treating levels up to 70 mN/m (dyne/cm) depending on the application.
- Compact inline and maintenance friendly designs with one easy to clean or change electrode assembly.
- Open air corona discharge, directed to the surface requiring treatment, for high treating levels, even on polypropylene containers.
- Easily installed into molding, printing and filling lines or used as a stand-alone work-station.
- No open flame and no heat developments to contaminate the work environment or to increase insurance premiums.
- Damage-free, consistent treatment for highly improved adhesion.
BottleDyne’s Surface Treatment System features:
- Complete, self-contained floor model, with powder coated steel enclosure, for mounting of conveyor belt, guiding system, electrode assembly, generator, transformers and control system. The enclosure is designed with lockable casters and is prepared for ozone exhaust.
- Dynamic corona generators with state-of-the-art, solid state circuitry and microprocessor control.
- Dry high voltage transformers to produce necessary high voltage levels.
- Conveyor belt complete with guide system, polyurethane belts, drive and idle rollers and DC drive motor and variable speed control.
- Electrode assembly with special profiled electrode and counter electrode for high efficiency pre-treatment.
- Lane jam detection system.
- PLC based control system programmed to meet all control requirements.
- Operator consoles with human machine interface (HMI), includes: Monochrome touch screen with status menu, run-time log, service hour log and alarm/trouble-shooting screen.
Optional equipment for BottleDyne’s Surface Treatment System:
- Piece counter and automatic carton shift
- Ozone cleaning system
- Remote control interface